Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was subpoenaed to be a witness it was sent to the wrong address my landlord came from court said they have a warrant for me then 2 detectives came to my door gave me a paper nothing else attached i explained I'm 64 can't walk sit or stand for a short time.have no proper attire can't wear shoes legs and feet swollen only thongs or socks my apartment had flooded and no wheelchair no ride to get there it was a hardship for me he said you are going to testify he was very rude the other shows me a number to call District attorney office i have called numerous times no answer back they keep threatening with arrest but no call backs to me they say forms are attached to request to be excused i got a single paper with the wrong address the one they sent it to nothing else i don't know how to get the forms don't know what to do i keep calling i guess I just wait for them to come and arrest me what do i do. THANK YOU R.Campos

Asked on 10/04/15, 6:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Keep a record of your phone calls to the DA. If there is time write a letter to the DA and keep a copy of it. If they come back to arrest you don't worry. The judge should not impose any penalty. Should the court indicate that you will be some sort of penalty ask for an attorney. Also request that they take home, as you have no way to get there.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/15, 8:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California