Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Can I get a substitution of attorney form for a criminal contempt of court order if the case has already been presented to a DA and Judge?

Asked on 9/27/09, 3:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Marshall Law Office of Robert L, Marshall

I don't quite understand your question.

Substitution of attorneys means changing lawyers. You are generally entitled to hire any lawyer you choose, as long as it won't unreasonably interfere with the progress of the case.

Your new lawyer should take care of this; if you are firing your old lawyer to represent yourself, he or she is still your attorney of record until relieved by the court and should be happy to assist you to get off the case.

I would be wary of any attorney who does not know how to handle this very basic legal task.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 3:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California