Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Can I sue a scammer for illegally

intending using An adult hook up site

that is only for 18 and over and

pretend to be legal of age but then lure

and arrest people for views and

money??? Is it illegal to Lure people off

adult websites where minors are

prohibited to then arrest u???

Asked on 2/23/23, 8:39 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You were caught in a sting operation and you want to sue the officers who ran it? Good luck with that.

Police are allowed to tempt people with opportunities to break the law and to arrest those who take the bait. It happens all the time. Nothing you have written suggests that these officers did anything wrong.

If you've been charged with a crime, you need a lawyer to defend you. If you think you'll be charged but it hasn't happened yet, you should start looking for a lawyer so you'll be ready if and when it happens. And if you end up not being charged you should count your blessings.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/23, 8:58 pm

No, you cannot successfully sue law enforcement and others for monitoring the content of your website. In order to determine the full extent of the content, posing as a user may be necessary to expose illegal activities. Users conducting illegal activities can certainly be arrested, charged and convicted. You cannot create a safe haven for criminal activities because you claim everyone is over 18. Minors access adult only websites more than adults do. Don't kid yourself.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/23, 4:54 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Can you sue police?


Police are immune from lawsuits and claims like yours while doing their job, in this case of catching perps/johns in a high tech police sting.

Instead of blaming someone else for your attempted prostitution 'meet up', your should be hiring a good criminal defense attorney to defend and represent you in court on those criminal charges.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/23, 5:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California