Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I am on summary probation for resisting arrest while I was under the influence. I had no idea what I was doing but could not plead "insanity" because I was voluntarily under the influence. I have had no priors before this and have not committed a crime after this. My first and second violations were FTA's from my work release program. I was given a warning the first violation and an extra 30 days of work release my 2nd violation. This is now my 3rd violation for the same reason and I am wondering what they might do, of course the stress of the unknown weighs a great deal on my daily life.

I have completed my NA meetings, completed my domestic violence 52 week program and have been paying my fine monthly dues ever since I was granted probation. The only trouble Im having is work release. I am 20 years old, I work one job as a CSR at chevron where we are randomly drug tested and I also teach 3 hip hop dance classes every week to teens and adults and am also enrolled in the summer term for college.

I am really honestly just trying to avoid jail time, I do not want to lose my job or miss the recital dances that are taking place in a couple of months.

If you have any suggestions on anything I can do, I am open to anything.

That being said, I was also told, if I get an early court date then the date appointed to me on the violation letter, I may be able to beat the violation?

Thank you very much again, and if more info is needed, I will be glad to give it.

Asked on 5/03/13, 11:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

You should go to court as quickly as you can and let the judge know you are trying to complete everything, but it's taking longer because of the circumstances you mention. Ask for an extention of time to get the things done you are ordered to do. Show any negative drug tests you have taken and all the things you HAVE done. That's my advise. I wish you well........David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California