Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My ex was verbally and physically abusive. He threatened to kill me, pointed a gun in my face, jabbed me in the stomach with a blunt object, and slapped me around. I've been afraid to talk about it up until now and the last time we spoke, which was 2 months ago, he spoke to me in a way that made me feel threatened again.

A friend suggested I report it, I do not wish to press charges or file a restraining order.

I believe my ex suffers from a mental illness, such as bipolar disorder and I think he may end up hurting himself or someone else during an episode. I think he may also be a 51/50.

Is there any way I can get him checked out? Maybe a welfare check done on him? I really don't want him hurting anyone else.

Asked on 5/13/13, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Either file criminal charges or stop complaining about the abuse and threat to others safety.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 7:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California