Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

So about a year and I have ago, I have committed a theft ( around $40 worth) in CA.

I was arrested and received a paper (I think it was a citation) from the cops. I didnt have to pay fines or go to jail ( it was my first offense). Will this be on my record? If so then how can I get rid of it?

Asked on 7/16/13, 12:43 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You have an arrest record, forever.

It sounds like you entered a plea 'deal' and thus have a conviction on your record.

Petty theft is a conviction that can be 'expunged' by proper Petition to the court. If you’re serious about doing this, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 12:56 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I don't know where Mr. Nelson gets the idea that you made a plea deal. All you have told us is that you received a citation. You need to get this looked into, because if you did not go to court as requested by the citation, you may have a bench warrant issued against you.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 4:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California