Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California


I have filed a discrimination suit against my former employer, EEOC has sent me a

letter stating "Notice to complainant of right-to-sue". What exactly does this mean?

Thank you


Asked on 7/16/00, 5:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Hayes The John Hayes Law Offices

Re: Discrimination

When you have a discrimination case against an employer the first thing you have to do is file a complaint with the EEOC. They review the case and then decide if they are going to pursue it or not. Either way after they have completed their investigation they send the complainant a Right-to-Sue letter. This means that you can now file a civil lawsuit against your employer for discrimination. It does help your case if the EEOC decides to pursue the matter. If they don't it doesn't make that much of a difference in civil court. If you would like help filing a lawsuit for discrimination against your employer I can help. Feel free to contact my office for a free, no obligation consultation. My toll free number is 877-546-9918. Once we talk I can tell you whether it is a case worth pursuing. I hope I can help.


John Hayes, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/00, 8:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California