Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California


The Officer said to me... "Don't think your age is going to get you out of this."

Earlier a jogger ran into my car's hood as I was waiting to turn right at a red light. Jogger then proceded to run away. Later an officer showed up at my home and accused me of a hit and run.

Several times he screamed the absurdity "You are not cooperating." He did not arrest me, or give a ticket, however his report is a travesty. For one, he reports that my hood was damaged, and it was not. He made typo mistakes including getting the name of the street wrong. He omitted his particular questions so as -it appears- to twist my answer. He did a good job of making me look dazed and disoriented. And I was not. I still work. Just because I am 70 maybe he thinks I would not read his circus act report. BTW, Jogger had 3 witness that lied. I Probably can't prove everything thing but Officer must think he can get away with this. I think a new report should be made. I would be grateful for any tips... How should I file a complaint? Many thanks, Lorrie

Asked on 2/06/13, 1:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin

You need to contact a criminal attorney with a background in traffic law issues. This bad report could have long term consequences that need to get resolved immediately.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/13, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California