Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I got my 3rd dui 13 years ago.Can I get my drivers license?

Asked on 6/22/10, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Depends upon the sentence and terms imposed upon you by the DMV and the court at the time. If it was only suspended, subject to some conditions and probation time, then if you complied and are eligible for re-issuance, go apply to DMW. I'm assuming you complied with all other terms imposed by the DMV and court, like fines, jail time, alcohol school, AA meetings, etc. If not, you face a problem to solve first, because of that failure. If either DMV or the court permanently revoked your license, you'll have to bring a legal motion to try to change that, supported by whatever facts and arguments you may have to persuade a judge to do so. If you are serious about getting legal counsel to help you, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 4:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California