Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I was arrested on a DWI. I blew a 0.06bac at the police station twice. I told the arresting officer I take a perscription drug called Celexa. I originally got pulled over for going 75 in a 65 (on the freeway 15n) and he said he could smell alcahol. Do I still need to go to DMV hearing even though when I was released from Jail i had my liscense and no pink paper? All I sighned for was for my belongings and court date. They never said anything about DMV.

Asked on 9/23/09, 4:22 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys


If they didn't take your license and give you the pink temporary license then DMV will have to notify you if they are taking any action against your license. The notice will be sent to the address DMV has for you. If you are under 21, there may be some action by DMV.

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 9/23/09, 4:58 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If arrested and charged with DUI, then with or without paperwork from jail, if you don't file your appeal with DMV within ten days, you lose your license automatically for a year. If serious about getting legal counsel for DMV and court, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/09, 5:39 pm
Thomas Gallagher Law Offices of Thomas F. Gallagher

I would need to know exactly under which section of the Vehicle Code you were charged; when your DMV hearing is and how it got scheduled--that is if you have a DMV hearing (it may not have been scheduled it yet and if not, you may need to call the DMV and set it up); if you were charged with a DWI, then you absolutely need to go to the hearing otherwise your license will be automatically suspended.

Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/09, 11:11 pm

Contact me directly. I need more information.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/09, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California