Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I've been charged with a misdemeanor DUI in CA because I drove myself to the ER after taking an overdose on my perscribed medications and had an accident. Only I was involved in the accident. I was in the hospital ICU 10 days. Have never even had a parking ticket. History of severe depression/psych issues. I have no money, no savings, no home, on SSDI, my husband works but we do not even have enough for monthly bills. Am I able to get a public defender to help me? I can't find an attorney who will take payments other than a credit card that I do not have. Please help.

Asked on 3/30/10, 9:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Madan Ahluwalia Ahluwalia Law P C

You should be able to get a public defender if you qualify.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/10, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California