Legal Question in DUI Law in California

how do I expunge DUI

Asked on 7/29/15, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

In California, a DUI is on your record for 10 years from the date of the judgement. Here is the tricky part: the Superior Court that gives you a DUI is separate from the DMV that received information about the judgement. Therefore, you would have to contact two places: the Superior Court that issued the judgement and the DMV that holds your driving record. You would need a serious reason for the expungement after judgement but I don't see it happening very often (that is, unless you do have something that could expunge it that I am unaware of from your question.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/15, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California