Legal Question in DUI Law in California

My grandson who is now 26 years old got a few tickets and a Dui when he was about 18yrs old. Are we able to get them off his record so he may have a better field for a job???

Asked on 1/22/19, 3:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Arash Hashemi Law Offices of Arash Hashemi

The usual answer is yes. However, it all depends on the specific case. As far as a "few tickets" go. If they were traffic tickets they are not on his "record" but rather on his driving record.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/19, 3:48 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Partially YES. The traffic tickets only 'count' for three years, and are now long gone. The DUI can be 'expunged' from the criminal record, which is what you are seeking, although it still counts as a 'prior' with DMV and the court for ten years. If serious about getting that done, contact me.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/19, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California