Legal Question in DUI Law in California

My name is Jaimie and on Thursday I was arrested for drunk in public and I was told I was going to have to wait 3 months to see if The charged would be dropped or not and I am trying to get a federal job and they need to do a background check. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process or to ensure the charge it dismissed? This was my first offense and I don't know what kind of options I have. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 10/14/13, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

Many criminal defense attorney, such as myself, perform "pre-filing investigations" where we will speak to law enforcement and the District Attorney's office on behalf of our client , to increase the chances of a non-filing. As a Former Deputy District Attorney and a Certified Criminal Law Specialist, we have handled 100's of these types of tasks with very good results. While no attorney can guarantee a result, it is always better to obtain counsel to assist you with these facts. Most attorneys give free consultations, and you should contact an attorney as soon as possible, to assist you in this matter. I wish you well..............David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 12:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California