Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I recently picked up a 647 F in CA, what steps should I take?

Note: no prior convictions

Asked on 11/13/18, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

1. appear in court for Arraignment on the date and time set

2. if you plead not guilty the Court will set a PreTrial Hearing date.

3. If you know how to properly defend yourself in court, then prepare for the hearings and trial that will occur if you do not 'plea bargain' out at some point.

4. If you don't know how to do these things yourself in court, hire an attorney to represent you, or at your Arraignment request the court to appoint the Public Defender if you qualify financially.

-- simple, no?

Read more
Answered on 11/14/18, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California