Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I rent a room to someone who is on house arrest and he asked that I sign a cohabitant waiver form but I do not want to he only rents a room and has no other access to my house what happens if I do not agree to waive my rights

Asked on 11/04/19, 4:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

"Waive your rights" means just what it says. Doing so consents legally to search and seizure of the entire residence and areas under your control by law enforcement at any time without a warrant or 'cause', risking discovery of any contraband found there.

As always, stick to the truth. If he he is just a renter, say so.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/19, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California