Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I'm separated from my husband! He is an alcoholic if he kills someone while driving under the influence can they sue me for my house! Is the date of seperation legally cut my ties with him?

Asked on 3/06/15, 8:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

If the vehicle he is driving is registered in your name you could be liable for damages he causes while driving that car. You should have the vehicle registered in his name alone. The sooner the better, you are taking a big risk if the vehicle is in your name.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/15, 11:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California