Legal Question in DUI Law in California

not showing to court

if i didnt show up to court and now have a warrent what can i do?

Asked on 2/19/09, 1:11 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: not showing to court

Life as a fugitive is no fun. You will be waiting for them to arrest you, this always happens at the most inconvenient possible time and place, for example when you are taking your poor old Mom to the doctor and the cops pull you over, impound your car, and Mom has to walk to the nearest bus stop. Show up in court and face the music already.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/09, 2:19 am
Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

Re: not showing to court

Get an attorney, and get this thing handled. A warrant does not go away.

A warrant is like the IRS, and will always follow you.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/09, 12:25 pm
George Moschopoulos The Law Office of George Moschopoulos

Re: not showing to court

Hire a lawyer. She will recall the warrant for you and deal with the underlying charges. Otherwise, your next speeding ticket can land you jail time.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/09, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California