Legal Question in DUI Law in California

supended license

how do you get your license back from being suspend for driving a car that you were told had car insuarance and it really didnt? and you have your own car that has insurance and you never had a bad drving record ever?

Asked on 3/26/09, 3:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steven Mandell Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell

Re: supended license

That's a really hard question to answer without knowing more information. And you're probably not going to get any help from the DMV itself about how to get your license back. The DMV is the single most user-UNfriendly agency in the world. And they're generally a group of morons, so even if you get information from them, you can't even trust that the information is accurate. The laws that govern the suspension and return of licenses are complex and varied, and it will take a lawyer with quite a bit of experience with the DMV to figure it out. I suggest you talk to a lawyer in your area that does a lot of DMV work. If you'd like to talk to me, I'd be happy to hear from you. Don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck. Steve Mandell

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 12:34 am
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: supended license

If you had insurance on your car and was driving a borrowed car your insurance should have covered you. You should get a statement from your insurance showing that you had insurance at the time of the incident. Then ask the DMV to reinstate your license.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/09, 11:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California