Legal Question in DUI Law in California


I have 2 warrants they were issued in 2005 a year after I was convicted a DUI . I started classes and payed 300.00 of my fine . I moved to LA county that same year and never finished . Now I got my life together and I want to take care of that. What should I expect when I turn myself in court ?

The 2 warrants equal an amount of $9000,00.


Asked on 3/12/09, 11:45 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

George Moschopoulos The Law Office of George Moschopoulos

Re: warrants

Don't just turn yourself in. Hire an attorney to recall the warrants for you and to try to reinstate your original sentence. If done right, and with a little bit of luck, you can avoid jail time and set up a payment plan for the penalties you owe.

Contact me directly and I can help you.

Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/09, 11:50 pm

Re: warrants

Show the court that you have gotten your life together by having a retained attorney. I have had success reinstating my client's probation with little or no penalty. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/09, 12:01 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: warrants

If you hire counsel to represent you in court, thus showing you take this seriously, you can expect the court to reduce the penalty/fines for the warrants to far less than shown, possibly waiving the penalties, and to probably allow you to re-enroll in classes and go back on probation. The reduction will more than pay for the attorney fees. Added benefit, counsel can appear without you in court to work out the 'plea bargain', avoiding the risk of you being taken away in handcuffs 'to make a point' to you. If these are in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me if serious about getting counsel.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/09, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California