Legal Question in Education Law in California

how do i get my child out of a combo class, she is very bright & was put into a 1st/2nd combo. I do not feel that she is being challenged. What recourse does my daugter have if fallsbhind? Ive already spoke to princple however doesn't look like they are going to budge. BTW this school takes a lot of tranfer kids not fom our neighborhood, & i pay top tax dollars for this particular school!

Asked on 9/03/10, 10:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michelle Ball Law Office of Michelle Ball


This is a tough one. You can try appealing to higher ups (Superintendent, Board). A letter from a professional stating how this class is detrimental to her could help. Perhaps she could skip a grade and then be moved up to the class beyond the one she is in now.

If she falls behind, there is no good answer.

Best of luck.

Michelle Ball

Education Attorney for Students since 1995

Read more
Answered on 9/09/10, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California