Legal Question in Education Law in California

Hello, I am in need of a lawyers advice. What kind of Lawyer would it be when I am going to court for my son having to many excused absences? 270 (a) PC?

Can I go to jail?

I have a misdemeanor Pre trial in 2 weeks.

What does that mean?

My son is 12 and he is high end ADHD, speech delay, and sensory issues. He also has an IEP. I do not know my/his rights. I’m lost and can not afford an attorney. Also I do not understand some of the law terms they are using in court.

I have many documents to support his diagnosis, side effects he suffers from, and for most absences. Is there attorney’s that can me pro bono?

I’m not sure if this falls under education law.

Thank you for your time and help.

Asked on 7/03/22, 7:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Since it sounds like you are charged with a minor crime (misdemeanor) I think you may qualify for a public defender. If not, try one of the legal aid programs. Here are a few:

Read more
Answered on 7/03/22, 7:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California