Legal Question in Education Law in California

does the United Kingdom have a law for British citizens to show 30000 pounds in hand --with a F1 US visa 5 years to leave the UK to go to the United States--can a letter from a US citizen stating financial requirement are being accepted by that US citizen for this British citizen during visit --My girl friend has been declined departure -because she did not show 30,000 pounds UK-and must have that amount to come to the United States

Asked on 4/02/12, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

This is not an education law question. It is an immigration law question. Usually U.S. consulates will defer to the a U.S. postsecondary institution which will authorize the F visa enrollment. The student must enroll first with an institution that is registered with the USCIS. The institution will advise re the tuition and living expenses that are required for a 5 year program. 30k pounds would seem reasonable, minimally.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/12, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California