Legal Question in Elder Law in California


Will a durable power of attorney act in place of a conservativeship. Elderly mother has no assets. I have durable power of attorney. Do I need a conservativeship. If so please explain why.

Asked on 11/05/08, 6:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law

Re: conservativeship

Your power of attorney should be enough. They are typically designed to work in lieu of conservatorships.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/08, 1:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California