Legal Question in Elder Law in California

Evicting abusing freeloaders

My grandmother allowed a pregnant woman she met 8 years ago to move in with her. I was recently contacted by adult protective services saying that my grandmother has been abused. I now have power of attorney over my grandmother and am working on getting conservatorship. My grandmother was removed from the home to a skilled nursing facility by adult protective services. I need to get this abusing woman and her family out of the home. They have not paid rent, but do pay the gas and electric bills. I read something on the internet about a kick-out law in california for elder abuse? What do I do?

Asked on 3/03/06, 8:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: Evicting abusing freeloaders

You get a good attorney to do an eviction right, cbeause if you screw it up, you will have a terrible time getting anyone out. Contact me if interested.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/06, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California