Legal Question in Elder Law in California

I was named in my brothers original Will. He developed Dementia , Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. He was talked into changing his Will at this time. Is there anyway I can see the new Will? The executor is unwilling to let me see the changes. The executor is a second cousin and we feel that he is not being honest and is trying to steali my brothers money. The estate is worth over 7 million dollars.

Asked on 1/24/22, 10:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

If your brother is still alive, getting a copy of the will would be hard. However, if you believe he has been taken advantage of, you need to contact Adult Protective Services in the county in which he resides and file a potential elder financial abuse case.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/22, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California