Legal Question in Elder Law in California

Can I obtain an Emergency Restraining Order on behalf of my elderly father who is being abused my our younger brother? My brother lives at home with our dad.

Asked on 2/13/13, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Possibly, though you may have to do it as part of a conservatorship proceeding if he is unable to handle his affairs himself. A quicker solution might be to file a report and complaint with the local district attorney's office. Pretty much every county has a division that handles elder abuse cases. There may also be an adult protective services department at the county level, depending which county he lives in. Since you gave an out-of-state zip code, I can't point you to the relevant county's resources.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/13, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California