Legal Question in Elder Law in California

My sister lives with mom who has got alzhiemrs over the last 5 yrs. And many family members think sister is in the wrong. Never food in the house, always ldeaving momalone, house is filled with trash, . Mom might lose her home if 30 yrs. Because the taxes haven't been oaid. Sister cries and mom believes her every word and protects her. She will not listen to us. What can we do. Aps was no help

Asked on 8/14/12, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your mother needs better and proper care. If the family can not provide it, someone should either contact the Public Guardian to come and take charge of her, or someone in the family should file for Guardianship over her. Go consult with a local attorney experienced in such matters.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/12, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California