Legal Question in Entertainment Law in California

Adult movie question?

I want to make adult movies and am aware that there are certain forms, releases, and laws that must be complied with to stay legal and out of jail but don't exactly know what they are.I saw a nudity rider available for dowload here, I am assuming that is what is known as the ''model release'', what else do I need?Or, if this subject is a little more complex than just signing forms and keeping them on record can someone recommend me to a lawyer who is experienced in this area but is not too expensive, I'm on a budget,lol.

Asked on 4/12/09, 3:31 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Bakondi The Law Office of Daniel Bakondi

Re: Adult movie question?

I do not have experience in the area of adult films other than some basic entertainment law and intellectual property law knowledge. I would think that, if you did do this, you would want to negotiate terms to get what you want as well, based on your long term goals.


Daniel Bakondi, Esq.


No attorney-client nor confidential relationship is created through this communication. You may not rely in any way on this communication, and nothing herein constitutes legal advice nor legal opinion. Your issue may be time sensitive and may result in loss of rights if you do not obtain an attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/09, 2:00 pm

Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

Re: Adult movie question?

No, a "nudity rider" isn't the same as a model release. It is used as an addendum to an actor's contract to set out exactly the extent and type of nudity required by an actor and what can be shown in the edited film, so there are no surprises or negotiation on the set.

In addition to observing laws that are unique adult entertainment, the making of adult movies requires the same documentation as other motion pictures.

If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to discuss, please feel free to call me during office hours or contact me via e-mail.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/09, 8:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in California