Legal Question in Entertainment Law in California

Intellectual Property

What legal documents do I need to protect my idea for a Reality T.V. Show and where can I obtain them?

Asked on 4/27/05, 12:34 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Intellectual Property

Whether or not your idea qualifies for copyright protection is an issue that would need to be looked into. An idea is one thing and a completed work is another. Call me directly at (619) 222-3504.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/05, 1:54 pm
Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. C. M. Brainard & Associates - (310) 266-4115

Re: Intellectual Property

You will want to become a member of the Writer's Guild Association (WGA) and you will want to register your script/screenplay. If you find a studio interested in your idea, you will need an attorney to represent you through the "process" safely.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/05, 5:48 pm
Jonas Grant Law Office of Jonas M. Grant, A.P.C.

Re: Intellectual Property

Put your idea in writing, then register it with the WGA (non-member registration is available):

Retain an entertainment attorney to advise you on minimizing the risk of having your idea(s) purloined. The very existence of an attorney repping you will do this to some extent.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/05, 1:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in California