Legal Question in Environmental Law in California

Dog abuse - can you bring suit?

If I have witnessed strong verbal abuse by my neighbor to his dog who admitted hitting her before but I didnt see that, and I see that the dog is afraid of him, so there's probably some ongoing physical abuse too, and I reported this to animal control who told me the abuse wasnt serious enough to require removal from the home, how do I or can I go about getting animal control to remove the dog, so I could try to adopt her? (She is a mutt, not a purebred, but a really nice dog.) I cannot find any environmental attorney listings in my area, either, I live in a small town. Thank you for any advice.

Asked on 11/14/07, 1:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan P. McClure The Law Offices of Ryan P. McClure

Re: Dog abuse - can you bring suit?

If you believe the abuse rises to level of being criminal- Animal Abuse, then possibly you should call the police instead of animal control. If in fact there is animal abuse then I think the normal procedure would be to remove the animal. This wouldn�t be a case for an Environmental Attorney. There are animal rights Attorney's out there, but don�t know if they are in your area.

LEGAL NOTICE: The information presented in this e-mail should not be

construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client


Read more
Answered on 11/15/07, 4:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Environmental Law questions and answers in California