Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex and i have 2 boys 8 and 11. We have 50 50 custody / visitation.I recently found out from my boys their father is moving from lawndale to Orange County,I live in Carson(CA.)He is planning to enroll them in school their without my agreement,this is 20 miles from me each way.Is there anything I can do to prevent this,or can he just do as he pleases?I am feeling a little bullied as usual.

Asked on 8/05/11, 11:47 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Patricia Van Haren Law Office of Patricia Van Haren

You should immediately file a request to change custody based on his move to another county. Since you have joint custody, he may not change the residence or school of your children without your consent. Contact a family law attorney in your area right away so that you can prevent their father from moving the children's schools.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/11, 12:12 pm

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You may also be entitled to attorney fees and sanctions for this unilateral conduct if it is in violation of existing parenting orders.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/11, 12:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California