Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm 18 and I moved out of my parents house, but they don't want to give me my things. Such as clothes, (that they didn't even pay for) my diploma, birth certificate, etc... What do I do?

Asked on 9/13/13, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

Your parents don't have to give you anything like money, etc. However, if you OWN the clothes then you have a right to them. Also, the diploma, birth certificate, etc. belong to YOU and your parents would be violating the law by not giving them to you.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California