Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have 2 questions in one. My exhusband is the noncustodial parent. I have sole physical and we have joint legal. He is moving 3 hours away, so what would be the best way to change our schedule in the best interest of the kids? Plus he wants to homeschool our children, but I dont want to uproot them from their friends, teachers, and their routine and how are we going to homeschool when we both work 5 days a week? He keeps telling me its doable and I dont agree

Asked on 7/27/17, 8:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

The courts focus will always be supporting a parenting plan that is in the children's best interests. With a child focused approach, it's highly unlikely that homeschooling would be the best option for the children. If you and your ex cannot agree on a time share plan now that he's moved, it would be best to return to court on all of these issues by filing and serving a request for order.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/17, 4:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California