Legal Question in Family Law in California

Im 8 weeks pregnet and am wanting to sighn full custaty to my parent , but dont know how

Asked on 7/01/22, 6:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

There are two ways you can go. If you think you may want to parent the child in the future when you are more ready, your parents can become the guardians of the child. If you know for sure you never want to parent the child and your parents are willing to take on permanent complete responsibility, they can adopt the child. Either option will require some court filings and orders. Fortunately there are a lot of support services for this kind of thing. You might start with your county childrens and family services agency:

Read more
Answered on 7/02/22, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California