Legal Question in Family Law in California

I was with my ex for 35 years have 3 children together but never married. We built a house n raised our 3 children there the house is in his sisters names n he is wanting to sell it. Am I entitled to money if he sells the house

Asked on 3/25/16, 11:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

You should consult with a family attorney. Many of them offer a free 1/2 hour consultation. Your question is too complex to answer by email.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/16, 11:44 am
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

What you have is a civil litigation matter and a possible action to quiet title on ownership of the property. Many factors weigh into the establishment of an property interest. If you have any children under 18, you may also have parenting, custody and support issues to contend with in the family law courts. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/16, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California