Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have a 9 yr old daughter,her mother and I have for the most part always stayed neutral and shared responsibly,we have never involved the law system.well as of the last 6mnths there have been a lot of issues involving school and the home situation with her mother,I do not have funds to pay top dollar for representation, so my question to you is what steps should I start with?I know there was an incident where police were called do I get a copy of the report?

Asked on 9/03/13, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin

While you may not have the resources for "top dollar" representation, your child's well-being is at issue so you need to consider getting appropriate professional advice and assistance which may not be as costly as you think. You may be able to get a copy of the police report but you will need to have information, i.e. the date, time and location of the incident to get access to this information. If you feel that your daughter's mother is not able to provide the child with a safe living environment, I recommend that you contact your county Superior Court's legal self-help service. This resource should be able to provide you with good basic information about your rights as a parent and how to exercise those rights to serve your child's best interest. Good luck with this.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California