Legal Question in Family Law in California

I had asked for advise concerning renegotiating alimony payments and changes to the divorce decree by a private judge. As of today I have informed my attorney that I will no longer require his services. I had not received my alimoney payment as of Friday, which is due on the first and received just received it today.

The payment is reduced to the amount my ex husband was willing to pay, although I never was aware that a decision had been made. Is it legal outside of Contra Costa County, for a retired arbitrator judge, paid for my my ex to make a decision without me signing any documents and without my knowledge?

Asked on 11/05/11, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy O'Donnell Law Offices of Timothy J. O'Donnell

The amount is binding if you entered into arbitration.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/11, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California