Legal Question in Family Law in California

The attorney gave me this info: "Look your case up at to get information on the court date" but I live in San Diego County not Orange County. Is there an equivalent?

Asked on 2/08/13, 5:59 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Bruce Boice Law Office of Boice & Associates,1641155&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

for San Diego County



Read more
Answered on 2/08/13, 6:20 pm
Patrick McCrary Law Office Of Patrick L. McCrary

The San Diego court web site will not give you much information other than the case number, when it was filed and the court it was filed in. You may need to go to the courthouse.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/13, 6:48 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You can get online docket information now through the web address that Mr. Boice stated. If you have the case number, you should be able to get an index listing of what was filed and when. You just won't be able to view the documents online.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/13, 10:07 am
Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You have been given good information, however I want to add that just because you live in San Diego county doesn't mean your case is there. For many reasons a case can be filed against someone in a county other than where they live, for example where an automobile accident occurred or where a contract was signed, which may well not be the county where the person lives. Since you are asking under Family Law, if you were divorced in Orange County and there is a hearing for some modification, such as a child support adjustment, you would still be in OC courts. Also, if you separated and your spouse moved to OC and lived there for at least four months, they can then file for divorce in that county instead of where you live or where you lived together. So you may well have your case in Orange County.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/13, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California