Legal Question in Family Law in California

Ok, what can i do about an attorney who loves to serve me a fat packet of an osc on the morning of the hearing. The stamp showed he had it for over 14 days and never sent it to me! One time I tried to stand up for myself and get it put over for his packet response, but they made me go to lunch and then they took away my parental rights. I lost everything since. ITs crazy. What can i do about my ex's lawyer consistently serving me the day of court? San Joaquin County Family Law

Asked on 5/20/13, 6:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Hire a lawyer. It is unfortunate, but it is the only way it will ever stop.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 11:45 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

The reason that Mr. McCormick suggested hiring a lawyer is that the lawyer would immediately move for family law sanctions pursuant to Family Code section 271. Sanctions are not effective when used by a pro per, because a pro per has no attorney's fees to levy as sanctions.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 4:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California