Legal Question in Family Law in California

My baby's father has custody of my child because I was in jail. I just got out and he has been staying with me since, but now my baby's father has decided to take him. Do I have a right to fight for custody given my circumstances

Asked on 8/01/13, 6:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Patrick McCrary Law Office Of Patrick L. McCrary

You absolutely have the right to fight for custody. You should file a paternity action. You need the help of an experienced attorney. If there are already custody orders by a court he will need to review those.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/13, 8:43 am

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Whatever orders are in effect remain until changed. You do have a right to fight for your child.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 10:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California