Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am from California. My husband signed my daughters birth certificate and he isn’t not the biological father. My daughter is now 1 years old. Can the biological father get shared custody or visitation even though he hasn’t been part of her life?

Asked on 9/10/19, 7:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Very unlikely. If you were married at the time of conception and birth and your husband claimed paternity, that is treated in the law as conclusive proof that he is the father, regardless of biology.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/19, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California