Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am a California resident of the past two years. I have full custody of our 8 year old daughter since my exhusband and I divorced in 2007. My exhusband resides in Illinois where we were divorced 6 years ago. My ex inlaws have threatened me twice to provide for an attorney for my exhusband to try to gain partial custody of our daughter. This last threat came because I have doubts that my exhusband can competently care for our daughter during her summer vacation due to his poor financial situation, deteriorating health and alcohol problem. (All points that were brought to light during our divorce hearing). Should I preemptively also have an attorney represent me?

Asked on 4/21/13, 8:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC


Read more
Answered on 4/22/13, 7:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California