Legal Question in Family Law in California

I do not know if I have a case but , I live together whit an American man for a year there in California, I am Mexican , and I have a child whit him , he use to have custody of his 2 children at that time. I love those kids and they are half brother and sister of my son. He use o be aggressive whit me so I left him and come back to my country. I investigate in the internet and I discover he run away to Mexico whit these kids, now my economical situation is changing I have a business and I am studying law. I want to see if the case itís given and I hire an investigator and he find him. If itís possible to adopt them. I know their mom donít care about them and the parent use marijuana in regular basis beside the fact that now he has a felony warrant for kidnapping and of course he is not any more a custodial father . the fact itís that I love the two kids, I am not rich but I am financially stable and I would like to recover them and have a soil custody of them, as I explain I know what I have to do in Mexico because here my mother itís a lawyer and I am study law but All the case will have to be taking care there. The kids for my know have been in Mexico since 2007 and I am sure I can find the here in Mexico

Asked on 6/04/10, 11:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Grenville Pridham Law Office of Grenville Pridham

Obviously, you are mistaken about the mother not caring about the two children. If she did not care, she would not have reported their disappearance and there would not be a felony warrant for the father for kidnapping them.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/10, 4:49 pm

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Mr. Pridham is right. If the mother reported the kidnapping, then she is not going to let you adopt them. Neither the U.S., nor I am sure Mexico, is going to let you adopt children that their mother wants to keep.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/10, 12:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California