Legal Question in Family Law in California

Have a child support arrears case that has being collecting a ton of interest. $56,726.00 interest owed plus $19,081.00 principal balance.

Other party has signed off the case.

I have tried to work a deal with child support office and have gotten no where so far.

What can I possibly do and what will it cost me to hire an attorney to help??

Thank you,

Fred Gutierrez..............

Asked on 1/11/17, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC


More information is needed on your case particularly if this arrears is reimbursement to DCSS for public assistance in some fashion or if this was private collection of an amount due on a support order.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/17, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California