Legal Question in Family Law in California

Child Support

My son lives with his father and that was because my son wanted to. So recently his dad said he is going to take me to court to get child support and take everything i have. i see my son during the week and some weekends. I am working full time and going to school full time. Can he really take me and get all my monmey even though i take care of our son to. I dont care to pay some chiold support but not everything i have.

Asked on 2/21/07, 1:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: Child Support

California uses a computer program to calculate child support. This program uses the income of each parent, the amount of time that the child is with each parent. There are some other factors that will influence the amount of support. He will get some support, but will not get everything that you have. Family court can provide access to the computer program for calculating support. You can use this program to estimate the amount of child support.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/07, 11:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California