Legal Question in Family Law in California

My childrens father started taking me to court in 12/2010 for visitation rights for our children he didn't follow through and stopped seeing them all together in 3/2011 and hasn't seen them since the judge granted me temporary full custody of our children in 2011 and with him no visitation rights till he takes me back to court well he hasn't taken me to court and he was arrested Jan 2012 got released and arrested in 5/2012 again and has been in since. I know because he was in the newspaper. Well he's written me two times one letter a 6 months ago I returned it and another about 2 months ago I returned that one I just don't like what he writes on the covers he writes as if were still in s relationship and it makes me feel uncomfortable because theirs nothing their and there hasn't been for along time already. Ok so my cousin called me today worried because a guy that was in jail with him took a letter to her house and told her to give it to me can I put a restraining order on him or what should I do I haven't spoken with him for 2 years and 8 months at all and I don't want him writing me is their something I can do or just leave it alone thank you for your time . Santa Clara County , CA

Asked on 4/17/13, 10:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Your question cannot be answered without more information. What is he writing that you don't like, and has he ever been violent with you or the children. You should either consult with an attorney, the Santa Clara Abused Women Center, or one of the law clinics in the family court. There is a domestic abuse help center at the Park Ave Family Court house or a law Clinic in the facility on the corner of Notre Dame and St. John. The Santa Clara Bar Association also has a lawyer referral service. This service provides a 1/2 hour consultant with an attorney with experience in family law for a modest fee.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/13, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California