Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have custody of my daughter who is 17 years old. I can no longer afford to live in Los Angeles and can not find employment here. I am moving to Las Vegas to live with my sister and find work. My daughter does not want to relocate and wants to stay in Los Angeles to finish schooling. My daughter asked if she could stay and live with her mother. Both her and her mother agreed she could stay with her in Huntington Beach. I was awarded legal custody from the judge due to my x-wifes criminal background and time spent in prison. I do not want to have legal custody transferred over to her mother. If i leave my daughter with her mother am I doing anything illegal and can her mother file any charges against me or obtain custody of my daughter?

Asked on 6/13/16, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

She is 17 years old and will live with the parent she wants. There is no reason for either of you to go to court regarding custody.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/16, 10:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California