Legal Question in Family Law in California


What form do I fill out to file for custody of my godchild or contest someone else's.

Asked on 4/12/09, 7:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Colin Greene Russakow, Greene & Tan, LLP

Re: custody

You need to file a request for visitation using a notice of motion or order to show cause form with a request for order and supporting declaration. You need to show a significant relationship existing with the child that is in the child's best interest to continue.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/09, 11:27 am


Re: custody

I need more information. What happened to the child's parents? Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/09, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California