Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex has denied me court ordered visitation days (my birthday 2 weeks ago), moved approximately 40 miles away to a new home (eliminating my midweek visitation), refuses to make a holiday calendar with me but waits until last moment to make arrangements (calendar is ordered) and will not makeup any time missed. How can I get compliance or do I try to modify custody or should I file contempt charges?

Asked on 6/29/16, 10:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Contempt can be used to ask for fines and or punishment but the better remedy would be a motion for enforcement of the existing court order and for orders to recapture any lost time on your parenting plan. If you believe that the move to another area is inappropriate, you can ask the court to consider placement of the children in your care. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/16, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California